Monday, May 23, 2011

Arizona Peach Picking!


Once a year, I bring the whole family to Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, AZ for the annual Peach Festival! Like a kid anticipating Christmas morning, my head dances with visions of peach cobbler, pie and jam as I prepare for this glorious day. A conditioned fruit picker since childhood, the act of climbing trees and collecting succulent fruit is more than just an event for me--it's sport. Each year I manage to pick more peaches than the last, and each year after the last peach has been eaten, I find myself longing for more.

With our paparazzi in tow (yes, my love, that's you), the kids and I enjoy a tractor ride out to the peach orchard while sitting on a hay bail.


There's even a train to take you around the farm if you wish!


How neat is it to see train tracks running through the orchard?


Ahhh, behold, the lovely peach orchard awaits. 

Let the games begin!




Our players for today:
My kiddos (my Hubby is taking the photos)




And my sweet friend, Laurel of Petal Pusher Accessories and her family.




The pickers hard at work:






My little guy has made three trips to the ER for facial lacerations in his 4yr old life, so mama is a little nervous about this boy up in a tree. However, I'm happy to report that we made it through the day with no injuries.*grin*


No it's not one of Stephenie Meyer's vampires reflecting the sunlight (tee-hee), it's just lil' ol' me pickin' peaches.


The girls.


Okay, so we might have eaten a couple. *grin*


The haul!


Just look at all those sweet, juicy, mouthwatering peaches!


Riding the tractor back to enjoy a nice peach pancake breakfast.


Yum!


There was even a pet peacock for all farm visitors to enjoy.


Hope you enjoyed our day of peach pickin' on the farm.  Stay tuned (and check back) for peach recipes and a peach treat giveaway! 

~The Lemonista

3 comments:

  1. We so enjoyed the day with you all! The girls look darling in their matching pink Converse too. I'm bakin' up peach-raspberry crisp today and following your lead and making an extra to freeze and take to the beach this summer. Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time!! Those peaches look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin makes the best peach jam in the whole wide world! And I am not kidding!

    ReplyDelete