Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot Cocoa Cupcakes



In my quest to come up with a fun treat to bring to my kids holiday classroom parties, I came across these darling Hot Cocoa Cupcakes on Days of Chalk and Chocolate blog. As soon as my eyes hit the screen, I knew these were perfect.  Here's my tutorial on how to make these simple yet fabulous cupcakes.  Thanks to Jenny for the amazing idea!

You will need:


1. Bake your cupcakes according to the instructions on the box. I baked the cupcakes in Reynolds foil cupcake liners to look like little tin mugs.*grin*

2. Using a Bakery Crafts #9P tip (which is basically just a big plain round circle) I piped white icing/ whipped frosting on the top of the cupcake to look like a dollop of whipped cream. Leave some of the chocolate cake exposed around the edge so you can see some hot cocoa ;-) You could also try dolloping on the frosting with a spoon or filling a ziploc bag with frosting, snipping off the corner and decorating that way.



3. Sprinkle on some hot cocoa mix or cocoa powder.


4. Add three mini marshmallows.


5. Hook a mini candy cane into the side of the cupcake to look like a handle.
*Hint. Some of my candy canes were a little long and I trimmed the tail with a sharp knife.


That's it! Here they are all boxed up and ready to go to the kids schools.




Enjoy!

~The Lemonista

Featured at:




8 comments:

  1. So darn pretty, Erin! Blessings to you, Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I may have to make these over the holidays! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I saw these in the pre-k class. Too cute!

    J. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! WOuld you mind telling me where you found your pastry tip 9P? I have been looking all over for one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lezlye,
    I found my tip at ABC Cakes in Phoenix. Here's their info:
    ABC Baking Cake Decorating
    (602) 224-9796
    2853 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
    Erin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Featuring these tonight at Project Queen!

    Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot cocoa cupcakes never heard of that before. But they look delicious. I want one. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best and wishing you very happy holiday's.

    ReplyDelete