Monday, February 20, 2012

Our Family Heirloom Lemon Bar Recipe

As many of you may know, the only way to get Grandma LaVallee's amazing lemon bar recipe in the past was with a box of my homegrown lemons. In honor of my lemon tree that sadly could not be moved, I've decided to share the coveted Lemon Bar recipe today. I'm not sure if I'll leave this post up indefinitely, so be sure to print yourself a copy. 

Without further adieu, here is the recipe for the best lemon bars I've ever tasted. 

Grandma LaVallee's Lemon Bars

crust:
1 c. butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine above ingredients in a bowl and press in the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
Bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.

filling:
4 eggs beaten
2 c. sugar
4 Tablespoons flour
4 Tablespoons Lemon juice
Zest from lemons that you juiced. (yellow part of peel only)

Mix together above ingredients.  Pour over hot crust right after you take it out of the oven and return to oven at 325 degrees for an additional 20 minutes or until filling is set when you jiggle the pan.
Dust with powder sugar. Cool. Cut in squares and serve.

Please enjoy. This one is very special.


~The Lemonista

3 comments:

  1. God Bless You! Lemon Bars are my fav-o-rite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves lemon bars, so I will be making these!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe comes up under 'diabetic' and from reading this - it appears it certainly is not.

    ReplyDelete