Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Spring Leprechaun Touch

St. Patrick's Day has been a celebration favorite of mine since childhood. So much fun to be had with this holiday. Here are a few spring Irish embellishments around my home.


The Shamrock Tree
This is my hearth room mantel. The metal pitcher was purchased from IKEA, the tree branches from my back yard and an etsy seller made the darling felt shamrock ornaments for me.





A Leprechaun Cloche 
Here we have the little magical fellow himself, dancing an Irish jig.  I picked up the cloche at Cost Plus and the leprechaun was another etsy find.




Spring Bulbs In A Vintage Metal Bin
Found this bin at a junk market, threw in some bulbs and dirt and a couple weeks later I have the most lovely coffee table decoration.
 IMG_1487



Fresh Cut Flowers In A Glass Canning Jar
Sometimes it's the simple things that take your breath away, and anything that brings a smile to my face while washing the dishes is worth its weight in gold.
 IMG_1418

An Antique French Table
This table is "as found." I love the touch of green it adds to my decor--especially in the spring!
 IMG_1495



Erin Go Braugh Front Door Flair
An inexpensive craft store sign jazzed up with a handmade burlap wreath.
 IMG_1500

The Smell of Guinness Chocolate Cake In The House
These are some knock-your-socks off cupcakes, but if you don't want to go through the trouble of making them, DO go out of your way to try the Guinness chocolate cake recipe. Best chocolate cake I've ever tasted!


Spring Floral Arrangement In An old Mossy Stone Planter
*Sighs* I could have sat at my dining room table and smelled this all day.
 IMG_1372

Green Deviled Eggs!
What if deviled eggs and guacamole had a baby?
My favorite recipe for deviled eggs.


Even my hens got a touch of Irish luck...
An Irish Coleen like her mama.
 Rissy

Happy Spring!

~The Lemonista

French Country Cottage 6 days of spring party

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your feedback on Etsy and popped over to see Mr. Leprechaun...he looks perfectly festive in the cloche! Love the flowers in the canning jar...nothing better to bring a smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete